Saturday, June 23, 2012

Service Saturday: Donate Blood And Save 3 Lives

 
       Did you know one pint of blood can save up to 3 lives? There are people out there in our communities who need your donation to survive and you have the power to help them by simply donating blood. I've donated blood once before and although the needle scared me a bit, knowing that I helped save a life gave me enough courage to go through with it. So I encourage you to visit your local blood bank. If you're 17 or older they will test you before donating to make sure you're healthy enough to donate and you're well on your way to saving a life or 3. When I asked my mom, a phlebotomist, "Why should someone give blood?" She responded, "There's no better reason than to save someone's life."


No comments:

Post a Comment