Monday, March 12, 2012

Music Monday: March Madness Sweet 16 For Soul Music

If you don't know by now I am a huge Soul music fan! Most of my favorite artists are of the soul or neosoul genre. I went to the movies last weekend to see Tyler Perry's "Good Deeds" and I heard a new Kem song in the movie that I fell in love with and I was inspired to share with you some of my favorite Soul artists. I listen to music quite a bit throughout the day. These are artists that I clean, study, drive, wake up, go to sleep, and sing along with in the shower. They sing songs that make me dance, smile, laugh, cry, think, sing and be inspired. Everything I do has a song or three to go with it. These are artists that make songs that speak to my soul and it will forever be the genre I connect with the most. Here is my list of artists that currently make my soul dance. I'm sure I have missed a few. I'm always looking for more soul singers so if you know of any let me know. Also check out The BQC's updated playlist. What are your favorite soul singers??
  •  Maxwell ( I adore him)
  •  Jill Scott (My best friend and she doesn't even know it)
  •  India Arie (So inspiring)
  •  Musiq Soulchild (Makes me dance)
  •  Kem
  •  Erykah Badu
  •  Eric Benet ( So romantic)
  •  Jazmine Sullivan (Just sangin')
  •  Fantasia (Sings from the deepest part of her soul)
  •  Lauryn Hill ( THE coldest lyricist)
  •  Kindred the Family Soul ( Just found them recently, I love the married gimmick)
  •  Bilal
  •  Dwele
  •  Ledisi 
  •  Lalah Hathaway
  •  Marvin Gaye ( can't forget Marvin)
***Playlist includes Doo Wop (That thing) x Lauryn Hill, Gotta get to know ya x Maxwell, Not Like Crazy x Jill Scott, Can you feel it? x Kem***

4 comments:

  1. I love your playlist! You already know I love me some Maxwell!!Don't forget about The Queen of Soul, Ms. ARETHA FRANKLIN!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yessss!!! You are right!! How could I forget "The Queen of Soul"??! She's a good one Raven!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love me some Lauryn Hill and Ms. Badu!

    ReplyDelete