Wednesday, March 13, 2013

RELATIONS WEDNESDAY: 6 Signs There WON'T Be A Second Date

The idea for this post was given to me by a co-worker. Although I'm giving it my own little twist, I want to give him a special shout-out for the idea. Thanks Emmanuel.

    Back to this post. I'm no dating guru but I know the common sense signs that there will NOT be a second date. Bare with me as I trace back to the mistakes that were made on past dates of mine or dates of others. (Not calling anybody out. Hopefully this helps you.)

 
  1. Make sure the person being asked out knows if it's a date or not.
I know what people may call a date has changed a lot over the years. However, a first date has certain rules that I believe are still the same as they were twenty years ago. Chilling or hanging out is not to be confused with a date. If on the first date there was no offer to pick you up or when the total for the date was given to you both and he doesn't offer to pay then honey you're just hanging out. Some gentlemen will do all that any way but there are some who feel that if they're just hanging out, you should pay for yourself which I'm not totally against. If you're not sure what you are doing, you don't know how much money to bring.(Always bring money just in case) You also don't want to over-dress if he's thinking you're just hanging out. Kinda don't want to wear your cocktail dress and sky high heels to the movies. Be clear if it's a date or not.

2.   No eye-contact

If either you or him can't keep eye contact or stay focused on each other for at least 2 or 3 minutes at a time, it seems like you're not interested.(You can blink. Please blink.) If you're not interested, why go on a second date? Both parties should play nice and give your date your undivided attention even if you're not interested at first. Maybe you'll start to be interested.

3.   The phone is glued to yours/his hand

As I said before try to give your date your undivided attention. Constantly texting, answering/making calls, or checking your Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram looks like you have better things to do than be on the date. Show you actually want to be on the date. Phone on silent for a few hours.

4.   No reference to you anywhere in their future 
If by the near end of the date there's been no inviting you to go anywhere or do anything with them ever in the future, there probably never will be. EX: "You should come with sometime to..." or "I want to show you this..." or even "I think you would like..."

5.   There's an unsettled argument
You disagree on something so much that you get into an argument? That's a sign to hit the door.

6.   You/He ditches the date
What clearer sign could you give/need? It's over for that one.

Comment below and let me know your signs there WON'T be a second date!!

Posted by Na'Shun

4 comments:

  1. First let me let me start off by hello to all the beautiful Brown Queens.The signs above are wonderful example of signs that a second date won't be happen.In addition to those signs provided by the lovely Na'Shun there are a couple I would like to add
    1)No chemistry
    If neither party don't have in interest in each than most likely there be a second date
    2)No Communication
    THE first date is usually Where two people get to know a little bout each other but if there communication or conversation than can be bad sign for a second date
    3)Transparency
    Being open on the first date allow both party get a sense of trust for each other and really learn who they really if a person can't do this I really know about a second date or relationship (In my opinion)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If its that awkward silence or you in a hurry to get them home then it wont be a second date

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much guys!! We really appreciate yours King's perspective!!

    ReplyDelete